Subsea7 required engineering support for the Gorgon Heavy Lift and Tie-in Spool installation project.
Cube Offshore performed spool installation analyses (in SACS) for heavy lift and tie-in spools. Trussed spreaders, with adjustable outriggers, weighing up to 150 t were analysed and designed for the lifting spool with weights ranging from 7Te (4” OD) to 230Te (34” OD). Spool shapes include Z, L, U and J, with lengths up to 102 metres. To facilitate diverless connections, lifting analyses were calibrated against trial lift measurements and adjustments made to ensure hub to hub distance did not exceed 285mm when lifted subsea.
Other highlights included:
- Design of 3-dimensional spreader truss main lifting padeyes designed using ANSYS.
- Supervision on site of spreader and spool trial lifts.
- Developing lift plans for site activities.
- Spool load-out and seafastening.
- Procurement of rigging and managing rigging inventory list.
- Offshore installation analysis.
- Riser Assembly Installation Analysis.
- Subsea structure design (Installation & in-service load conditions).
- Laydown Head Recovery Basket.
- ROV Landing Platform.
- Umbilical Carousel Lifting Frame.